CRO LARP
What's the scale on the Map? - Printable Version

+- CRO LARP (http://www.crolarp.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: What's the scale on the Map? (/showthread.php?tid=2)

What's the scale on the Map? - e1ven - 02-17-2013 09:52 PM

The webpage has two maps, one of the world above, and another of the world below-

We're trying to use them to plan the path that various characters may have taken.

One thing I didn't see, however, was the scale for either.

For example, how long across is Kaldea?
Thanks!

-CPD

RE: What's the scale on the Map? - Zak - 02-17-2013 11:20 PM

We will have an answer for you tomorrow night. Good question.

RE: What's the scale on the Map? - Kinari - 02-20-2013 01:32 PM

I am curious, as well. For example, how long would it take to cross the continent?

RE: What's the scale on the Map? - Zak - 02-20-2013 08:59 PM

We're a little backed up on this question. We're referencing already-written material in order to publish a map with a scale included on it. Thanks for being patient guys, we want to make sure we don't contradict anything.

RE: What's the scale on the Map? - Kinari - 02-22-2013 09:28 AM

Also, I was wondering when the World Supplement might be available. I can't seem to find it on the main site.

K. =-)

RE: What's the scale on the Map? - Leda et al - 03-12-2013 09:00 AM

Here's the official word, darlings:

Continents are to scale on the current map, oceans are not (they are larger IG than on the map). So on the landmass: one inch = 1,000 miles.

Gardania is the capital of Kaldea, and is roughly centralized. It takes three weeks to get from there to Greyhold, by horse and foot. Horses will not travel close to the corruption, so there will always be some foot travel included.

And of course, that is travel in Kaldea, travel through Ushnar takes longer. Travel depends on terrain. You can run a flat mile in 5-10 minutes, but add snow, mountains, desert heat, sand, or rocky terrian to that walk (not to mention all your travelling gear and weapons) and it will take quite a bit longer.